Sarah "Deb" Eldrich
203- 821-3023 phone
Attorney Sarah “Deb” Eldrich has limited her practice to family and matrimonial law for over 30 years. She was admitted to practice in the State of Connecticut in 1983, to the Bar of the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut in 1984 and to the United States Supreme Court in 2005. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree with honors in Psychology from Quinnipiac College and her Juris Doctor degree from Quinnipiac College School of Law. Attorney Eldrich is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) and has served as a Governor and as an Officer of the National Academy. She is a Past-President of the Connecticut Chapter of the AAML, Past-Chair of the Connecticut Bar Association (CBA) Family Law Section and of the New Haven County Bar Association Family Law Committee.
Attorney Eldrich has worked extensively with forensic accounts in the valuations of assets in matrimonial cases and with psychologists who evaluate and assist the Parties and the Court in determining a child’s best interest where custody or parenting plans are not agreed to by the parents. She is an experienced litigator, but knows that constructive solutions to her client’s case through preparation, creative problem solving and negotiation are the most effective way to reach her client’s goals and to preserve the integrity of the redefined family.
Attorney Eldrich is a frequent lecturer at continuing legal education programs involving matrimonial matters as well as the interrelation of matrimonial matters with other disciplines. She has authored numerous articles relating to family and matrimonial law. In 2009 she was appointed by the Governor of the State of Connecticut to serve as a Commissioner on the Connecticut Child Support Guidelines Commission and did so until 2011. She was appointed to serve on the Judicial Performance Evaluation Program Advisory Committee from 2009-2012 and was a member of the CBA State Court Liaison Committee from 1996-2007. She has served, and continues to serve, as a “Special Master” in various Courts in the State and in the Regional Family Custody Court to assist in resolving complex matters.
“Deb” has been recognized by her peers for her work as a Matrimonial Lawyer including having been selected for “Best Lawyers 2015 and 2017 Family Law ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in New Haven.
- Traditional client representation and litigation
- Collaborative and Cooperative Law representation
- Mediation and Mediation Review Counsel
- Pre-Nuptial, Post-Nuptial and Cohabitation Agreements
Awards and Recognitions
- “Best Lawyers 2015 and 2017 Family Law ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in New Haven
- “Best Lawyers in America” since 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of AV Preeminent Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Women Leaders 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Family Lawyer 2015
- Connecticut Super Lawyers “Top 25 Female Lawyers” 2006, 2007 and Top 5% Family Lawyer since 2006
- New England Super Lawyers Family Law since 2007
- New York Area’s Best Lawyers since 2011
CLE Speaking Engagements & Authorships
- AAML Institute of New Lawyers
- CCAAML Programs for Connecticut Lawyers and related Professionals
- CBA Programs on Family and Matrimonial Law Topics
- NHCBA Programs on Family and Matrimonial Law Topics
- Programs for Non-Lawyer Professionals as their discipline interrelates with Family and Matrimonial Law Issues
- Contributor, Lindy and Parley, Supplement Separation Agreements and Ante Nuptial Contracts, Matthew Bender (1987-1993)
- Author, Examination of a Family Relations Officer – The Basic Questions, Connecticut Family Lawyer – Connecticut Family Lawyer, Vol.7, No. 3
- Co-Author, Protecting Your Client’s Share of the Assets in the Agreement, Fair Share, Vol 12, 2, February, 1993, Reprinted in Encyclopedia of Marital Practice (1993)
- Reviewer, Dahl, Stephanie, Modern Bride Just Married, Chapter 10, Understanding the Law, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (1994)
- Author, Post Majority Child Support, Connecticut Lawyer, Vol 5. 1 (1994)
- Co-Editor, Connecticut Family Lawyer